Friday, March 11, 2011

Found this review on the Wildcard tour

Sarah in Ohio's Opinion:

Blown away! This was my first time reading Laura Hilton but with my addiction to Amish fiction I was glad to jump on tour for this one and am glad that I did! Dealing with the issue of an unwed pregnancy within a small Amish community the author did a great job in showing the reading the ostracizing some in the community inflicted on the young lady even after her confession. A shocking realization though will change the way the young woman and her family see her pregnancy.

There is a lot of misinformation regarding the bann and shunning within the English world and I think this book can help some of those misunderstandings get cleared up. The Amish are humans and therefor human emotions can and will get in the way but the character was restored to full communion within her community. I can’t go on much more without the risk of giving you a spoiler of the book but suffice to say this was a fantastic read!

1 comment:

  1. How cool. That must have made you feel awesome. Congratulations on the positive review.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete