Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blog Hop


What is the working title of your book?

I named it Katie's Diary, but the publisher will change it to something else. 

Where did the idea come from for the book?  

I had to come up with three ideas for a series, and this was one I came up with--not sure what exactly triggered it.

What genre does your book fall under?

Amish, contemporary romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I don't know.  I don't watch movies, so not current with who is hot and who's not. 

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Katie Detweiler grew up Amish, never knowing she was adopted as an infant. Now an adult, her new job as cook at an Amish bed and breakfast doesn’t bring about the euphoria she hoped for. Just as she’s getting her menu perfected, the Englisch family and severely ill sister she never knew existed enter her life and strain her Amish relationships. Plus, Katie suddenly has two different men vying for her attention—one Amish, one Englisch—and she wonders if one of them could be the man of her dreams. But when her Englisch sister’s health worsens, Katie must find a way to balance her heart, her job, and her faith while risking her own life for the sister she never knew.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  

My book is third in a contracted series. It will release in September 2013. It was represented by an agent. 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

about 4 months, but this is my final draft as well, since I edit as I go. 

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can't think of any similar to this one.  But I haven't read all the Amish books out there. 

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

no one, and nothing in particular.  This was just one of the ideas that came to me when I prayed about what to include in a three-book proposal. 

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

Its set in a real life Amish community. Not a made-up one. 

Follow me on Twitter:  @Laura_V_Hilton
or find me on facebook Author Laura V. Hilton

The blog hop will continue on January 2. Be sure to visit the following five people for information about their writing:


Jamie Adams @ http://inallthywaysacknowledgehim.blogspot.com/
June Foster @  http://junefoster.blogspot.com/2012/12/blog-hop.html
Julie Aduini @ http://juliearduini.com
Cindy Patterson http://www.cindypattersonwrites.blogspot.com/



1 comment:

  1. I loved the interview, and look forward to the release of "Kate's Diary." Thanks for the glimpse into the "future" for those of us who love your books!

    ReplyDelete